Mac Attack ... Update
My loaner laptop is on the way - got an eMail from the Product Placement Group [seeding@apple.com - gotta love that address]. Here is the FedEx tracking number so you can check on the 'package' yourself = 699112292509 [just paste this into Google]. I'm still not exactly sure what Iam getting - and I will only have it till mid April - but it is coming with me to CSUN and I plan to turn this thing inside out to learn its mystical ways. Here are 10 Semi-Obscure Mac Programs I plan to check into more closely with accessibility in mind.
Speaking of which - the main reason for this is to try out VoiceOver and get KatiePlayer up and running. One of my students came in yesterday with his Mac and was quite willing to download the KatiePlayer trial. With his expertise we were able to get it installed but when we tried to load an in-house produced DTB the darn software claimed it could not find a valid file. The DTB we tried is our standard trial file and has worked on every other playback device or software its has encountered. I thought it might be an issue with the CD drive so I loaded the DTB onto a flashdrive. To make matters more difficult, the KatiePlayer seems to not allow users to navigate to any location other than the CD or a folder somewhere in the system that we could not locate in order to install the file. Granted this was the trial version we were trying to work with - but according to the company website it is simply the full version with a time-out. I am going to try again when I have my own unit to play with.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home