Sunday, February 19, 2006

ATIZ BookDrive Automatic Book Scanner

Obviously this one has gotten past us somehow. The CNN video [item #2]* is from the Consumer Electronic Show in early January, but until it appeared on Gizmodo it had been off my radar screen. The price is a bit heavy [$35K] but the company anticipates that by providing a lovely cost comparison study [pdf]. Even before reading this I was sold as we currently outsource our scanning and because of that [and how long it takes] we usually purchase the books that are being de-spined and scanned. I have been trying to get in-house scanning for some time now and could see us paying-off in savings a typical duplex within one semester and this thing in about three years (or less) - this does take into account wages for bookscanning staff, ongoing costs, speed, etc.

*Item #5 in this segment is the Imation USB wristband in basic black - now that I have actually seen someone wearing one it seems kinds dorky [but i still want ie if only I could find it].

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home