Big-Key Keyboard without the Big-Key Keyboard Price
Today I stumbled upon this in one of my tech blogs, I think Engadget. I have several Big-Key Keyboards in my cabinet of goodies here at St. Louis Community College at Meramec. They are perfect for a student with a slight visual impairment who may not be quite up to snuff on their touch-typing. I paid about $50 apiece for the ones I have.
Along comes Taylor Gifts, a Carol Wright-type catalog that contains things like the perfect tomato slicer and bunion pads. Hard to believe they could carry such a valuable piece of adaptive technology, at a price almost anyone can afford.

For $19.95 plus shipping, you too can have this wonderful keyboard in your stash (or your home). I can't get too many details from the listing, but it does say "PC ONLY" which to me means it is PS2 instead of USB, but that's easily fixed. Of course, it's not in stock now, but soon as it is, I'll probably pick one up just to see if it can compare to the $50 model I've been getting in the past.


2 Comments:
Just found out you may be able to pick them up at a local Freds/Big Lots/Buds stores as wellwpduy
From the image that appears to be a standard keyboard with enlarged letters. The keys don't appear to be any bigger than standard.
You can do the same thing to any keyboard -- just purchase a set of enlarged labels from a company such as Hoolean.
Post a Comment
<< Home