Hello Mutta .. Hello Fatta ...
... here I am at BootCamp (atta)
Just some quick notes and observations on the MacBook Pro I'm playing with. It's a good thing I tend to not use my lap to actually hold my laptop (I have a couple of large kids books I prefer to use instead) as this sucker gets HOT! I mean wikked hot -- as in use an oven mitt to pick it up hot. I see now how there have been reports and concerns about these things catching fire - and such - but that could happen to anyone.
When running Windows the touchpad controls are unavailable thus making t necessary to use the single button to do what I normally do by tapping. Annoying to be sure - but not a deal breaker as plugging in an external mouse does the trick and there are hacks to get around this issue. The ability to right click hadn't actually occured to me until I loaded Civ III last night (strictly for testing purposes) and discovered that the inability to un-fortify units is a pain in the butt.
In addition, keyboard commands I take for granted on my PC are unavailable, such as volume and screen brightness, and the F-keys (top row) on the Mac only operate as F-keys. Again - anoying but I'll get over it. For a concise look at what Windows on a Mac can/cannot do visit the Wikipedia BootCamp page.
Labels: Mac


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home