Thursday, November 24, 2005

Of a more practical nature ...

Todays lesson is courtesy of Tom's Hardware Guide. PC Interfaces 101.
Summary: You, of course, have a flawless understanding of SATA, AGP, IDE and PCI-E or any other PC interface. But for those of you who are afraid to admit even minor lapses in your standards knowledge base, THG details which connectors go where and what they do.

C'mon - admit it - you've had someone in your department look to you as the PC expert or tried to help a student with something [or will try to show off your technology expertise by hooking up that new DVD player you are gonna get for the holidays] only to find yourself stumped by some cable and weren't quite sure where [or how] it's supposed to go. It is so easy to overlook how lazy USB has made us. I'll start the support group - I did not even know Ethernet cable connections had a name - RJ45 for Lan & ISDN - I would have missed that one on the quiz.

O.K. - who's next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home