Wal-Mart selling Vista machine with Open Office
For UNDER $300!
I am by no means a fan of Wal-Mart being of the opinion that Sam Walton is single handedly responsible for gutting the main streets of small town America - but let's not go there because this is a family friendly politically free blog.
Every now and then I see them advertise something that entices me to seriously consider entering a Wal-Mart. This is one of those moments. I'm not sure what is more impressive - the use of Open Office as a selling tool, the price (a mere $298), the specs at this price (1.5 GHz processor, 1GB DDRII SDRAM, 80 GB SATA Drive, DVD-ROM/DVD+/-RW), or the fact that it is advertised without the proverbial 'crapware'.
Check out the website of the Everex® IMPACT® GC3502 and imagine what you could do with such a throw-away machine!
Labels: open_source, PC


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home