Stanford Embraced Podcasting
It's almost starting to become old news - but not quite yet. I am still excited to see schools hopping aboard the PodCast wagon.
Here is a story about elementary schools using iPods and podcasts to get younger students motivated:
Schools using iPods, MP3 players as learning tools
Podcasting is just one of the interactive technologies, like blogging and hand-held computers, being used to motivate students nationwide. A survey of 470 high school students released this month by analysts with Piper Jaffray & Co. found that 61 percent of students had some kind of MP3 player, up from 40 percent in their spring survey.
Here is another:
The Savannah College of Art and Design announced today the introduction of video podcasts on iTunes. Traditionally the college's videos are available for viewing at http://www.scad.edu/ and http://www.scadondemand.com/. With this year's Savannah Film Festival, SCAD is introducing daily video podcasting on iTunes making film festival activities available to iTunes users everywhere.
And this one seems almost too perfet of a fit - Teaching Music Appreciation with Podcasting.


1 Comments:
I have to wonder, though, and be a little bit worried about our D/deaf students. Podcasts are great, but they MUST be transcribed/captioned for them to have educational value for all students, mustn't they?
I worry that the requirements for transcription and/or captioning will slow the adoption of neat technologies such as podcasting, but I worry more that there's a whole lot of students who won't in any way be able to access instructional material that's solely in audio format.
Post a Comment
<< Home