AHG Presentation - Alternate Format Production
I presented a 1 and 3/4 hour lecture on alternate format production at the Accessing Higher Ground conference on Friday, November 15th. We ran over by at least a half-hour, to the point that the wait staff were removing the chairs in our room so they could set up for lunch. Either my presentation wasn't giving the right information, or there were just a lot of really interested people.
I am inclined to believe the latter. I handed out 40+ CD's with my presentation and a copy of my production manual. Because I talked about the manual on a listserv I'm on, I also have about 40 emails here to respond to who also would like a copy of the manual. If you'd like a copy, simply comment to this post with your contact information (separate your name from the @ symbol and your domain with a blank space to keep from getting spammed by bots searching these comments).
I'll be happy to share what I know.
My presentation covered our campus' process for producing alternate format, from triage through production to distribution and administrative follow-up. I included recommended software and hardware, storage, filing systems, and even the finding of campus funds to complete the work. Our process is our process, and won't work for everyone, but there may be things you can take away from this that will help you in setting up your own processes.
Accessing Higher Ground this year was the best by far that I've attended. I got some wonderful information, learned a lot of really great things, and was able to network with many of my colleagues. A good experience all around and I highly recommend this conference if you are an adaptive technologist.
1 Comments:
I'd be interested in a copy of your production manual. Thanks. trerise @ cayuga-cc.edu
Post a Comment
<< Home